FARMCOOP is a grassroots not-for-profit organization providing services to farmers’ cooperatives. It was founded in 1995 by leaders of agrarian reform cooperatives and development oriented individuals to address the call of the government for NGOs to assist in the implementation of the agrarian reform law designed to emancipate farm workers from poverty and uplift their quality of life.
We believe that farmers’ cooperatives have a special role in society to serve as effective vehicles in empowering their communities. By providing organizational development, access to credit, technical services, market linkage, and research and development, they can realize their goals through cooperativism.
Today we serve more than 6,000 farmers from cooperatives of agrarian reform beneficiaries, small-scale farmers, and indigenous peoples. They own more than 10,000 hectares in different parts of Mindanao where they produce various agricultural products such as low external input bananas, coconuts, and palm oil, as well as organic bananas, coffee, cacao, and vegetables for the local and global markets.
The complexities of issues in the indigenous communities, compel us to support their various projects which include infrastructure, agro-forestry, cultural regeneration and preservation, community health and parent education, youth capacity building, and peace building.
In line with our holistic concept of development, we are as well moving towards developing medium and small scale industries to produce processed organic products from bananas, coconuts, cacao, and coffee to give added value to their farm products.
We provide services and assistance to the following cooperatives in Mindanao:
Davao del Norte
- AMS Kapalong Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries Multi-purpose Coop (AMSKARBEMCO)
- Magatos Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries Multi-purpose Cooperative (MARBEMCO)
- Soriano Fruits Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries Multi-purpose Cooperative (SFARBEMCO)
- Hijo Employees Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries Cooperative –1 (HEARBCO 1)
- Hijo Employees Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries Cooperative –2 (HEARBCO 2)
- Tagnanan CARP Beneficiaries Cooperative (TCBC)
- Diamond Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries Multi-purpose Coop – Common (DARBMUPCO)
- Diamond Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries Multi-purpose Coop – A (DARBMUPCO A)
- Diamond Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries Multi-purpose Coop –B (DARBMUPCO B)
- Diamond Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries Multi-purpose Coop – C (DARBMUPCO C)
- DAPCO Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries Cooperative – MDS (DARBCO MDS)
- DAPCO Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries Cooperative – IFS (DARBCO IFS)
- Checkered Farm Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries Multi-purpose Coop. (CFARBEMCO)
Davao City and Davao del Sur
- Sibulan Organic Banana Growers Multi-purpose Coop. (SOBAGROMCO)
- Pamara Producers Cooperative of Organic Banana Growers (PaPCOBaGrow)
- Sibulan Ancestral Domain Organic Producer Cooperative (SADOPCO)
- Lacaron CARP Beneficiaries Agricultural Multi-purpose Coop. (LCBA MPC)
- Malita Rural Workers Agrarian Beneficiaries Multi-Purpose Cooperative (MARWABEMPCO)
- National Guthrie Plantation Incorporated ARB Multi-Purpose Cooperative (NGPI-MPC)
- Maribulan Agrarian Reform Beneficiary Cooperatives (MARBECO)
- Maligo Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries & Development MPC (MARBED MPC)